OARSI would like your help to develop an infographic about our White Paper, “Osteoarthritis is a Serious Disease.” The White Paper was submitted to the FDA in December 2016, and summarizes the global burden of osteoarthritis OA. The purpose of the infographic is to publicize and raise awareness that OA is a serious disease, and to engage funders, researchers, patients and health professionals.
The winning Infographic will be showcased on the OARSI Website, used in OARSI social media, and may be printed and distributed.
Links to Slide Deck summarizing the White Paper
Link to White Paper
General Criteria for Infographic (Samples: https://www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/infographics/default.html)
• Must be eye catching
• Easy to understand; using lay language applicable to multiple audiences
• Entices people to want more information; and provides a link to the OARSI website and White Paper
• Usable in all forms of media and social media
• Focuses on all aspects of the disease. For example, content may address how OA impacts the lives of patients, or views of medical professionals regarding treatment of patients with OA
• Dispel myths about OA
• Appeal to a broad target audience
• One page, incorporating pictures and text (please be sure to have permission when using copyrighted pictures)
• Must be easily translated into languages other than English
Do not include the names of authors and affiliations directly on the infographic but send these separately.
The submissions will be evaluated by the Strategic Alliance and Communications Committees of OARSI with final approval by the Board of Directors.
There may be multiple winners and winners may be asked to combine top ranked submissions into one infographic. The prize is free registration for the 2019 OARSI World Congress (Toronto, May 2-5 2019), as well as podium recognition at the Congress.
Deadline for receipt: January 15, 2019
Send infographic submission to :
Diann Stern, Executive Director
email@example.com tel +1-856-642-4214